Monday, December 12, 2011

It's been ages since we spoke...


I can’t believe it’s been 10 days since I last posted. I feel terrible. I’ve had intentions on posting every single day. It’s really just been nuts.  Too many Christmas parties to count and we couldn’t even go to half of them.  So here’s an update.

 I was actually able to GO INSIDE MY HOUSE on Tuesday last week. It was as lovely as I remember.  My Relator, June Newman, an awesome Comey Realtor if you need one in Cincinnati, was nice enough to open the house up so I could take some measurements. Adam and I are lucky enough to be getting all new appliances ( except our range is staying!) once we move in and I needed to know what size to be looking at.  I also took some additional photos of the granite counter tops, (see below)  I’m struggling to figure out what color/stain I’m going to put on our cabinets. I just can’t figure it out. It’s tough with the super dark floors. I don’t want my kitchen to be dungeonesque but, I just LOVE dark wood.  If you have any suggestions, please please please share!




Granite Color

Current Kitchen color scheme..Ignore the ugly mirrors above the cabinets, they're leaving ASAP
So after talking with Adam I decided that I probably should start shopping (instead of just dreaming of all the wonderful things I want to put in our house).  So here’s what I bought; drum roll please….a vase and a candle holder and a side table. Yep, you heard right. That is all I bought. It’s a lot harder than I planned to pick all of this stuff out.  The side table is a floor sample from Crate and Barrel hello, $35.  The vase was on clearance at Crate and Barrel for $12, and the tea light holder I actually got from Home Goods for $9.99. Not too shabby. 


You can stack 'em!

So this isn't the exact one I bought, but it's close!

I bet you want to touch it


Hopefully I'll be able to post some things I've been working on very soon!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly - So envious of that range! A suggestion might be to go with a lighter base cabinet color and darker upper cabinets to add a little contrast between the flooring and the cabinetry.

Kelley said...

Good suggestion! I've been seeing it all over the home design shows and blogs. I'm an addict. :)

Kelley said...

Also, the range is AMAZING! I had to fight the seller on that baby.

Laura Moberly said...

I like mixing painted cabinets with stained, but I would keep the darkest color on the bottom so you top cabinets don't look out of balance and heavy. I love black or espresso but with the dark floors think this would be too much. off-white with or without a toffee glaze would look great with the floorst but wouldn't go with the range if that is white. I think I would go with a walnut (no golden tones).

Laura

http://www.majestickitchens.com/plainfancy.htm

http://stullwoodworks.com/residential/kitchens/